Read Online or Download Technologies for Improving Light-Water Nuclear Reactor Oper, Maint (IAEA TECDOC-1175) PDF
Best nuclear books
This NATO-ASI installment is designed to supply a complicated evaluation for doctoral and post-doctoral applicants of the state of the art applied sciences for bio-detection. the most target of the paintings goals at delivering readers with the newest advancements essential to effectively comprehend the CBRN brokers and their linked biotechnologies.
- Managing the first nuclear power plant project
- The making of the atomic bomb
- Nuclear Matter in Different Phases and Transitions: Proceedings of the Workshop Nuclear Matter in Different Phases and Transitions, March 31–April 10, 1998, Les Houches, France
- Diagnostics for Fusion Experiments. Proceedings of the Course, Varenna, Italy, 4–16 September 1978
- Clustering Aspects of Nuclear Structure: Invited Papers presented at the 4th International Conference on Clustering Aspects of Nuclear Structure and Nuclear Reactions, Chester, United Kingdom, 23–27 July, 1984
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
Extra resources for Technologies for Improving Light-Water Nuclear Reactor Oper, Maint (IAEA TECDOC-1175)
2. 1. General lessons learned The Institute of Nuclear Power Operators reported in the Significant Event Report SER 5-02, released August 2002, that: “More than 40 events have occurred over the past five years as a result of inadequate analysis, design, or implementation of plant power uprates. ” Some of these events can lead to opportunities for I&C to prevent similar types of event in the future. ” The Institute of Nuclear Power Operators did an analysis of the events and — among many more items — the following highlights I&C related system and component problems in power uprates: — Main turbine control systems — changes to turbine controls or plant operating conditions have resulted in transients and challenged operators to control load or turbine speed; 33 — Feedwater flow and temperature measurements — incomplete understanding of a modification’s impact on reactor thermal power measurements.
However, the conclusions from this analysis clearly point out the importance of doing a proper analysis, design and implementation of the power uprates to ensure that problems do not occur. Adequate reviews by plant personnel during all stages of the uprate project are needed to identify potential problems and obtain input. There must be enough time allowed to identify and develop procedure changes, incorporate changes into the simulator and provide training. Experience indicates that there are opportunities to use I&C to help ensure that problems do not occur.
There must be enough time allowed to identify and develop procedure changes, incorporate changes into the simulator and provide training. Experience indicates that there are opportunities to use I&C to help ensure that problems do not occur. In many cases, increased monitoring (and potentially more sensors), information access, analysis capabilities, additional alarms and information presentation (HSI) may be needed to support operational and maintenance decisions to avoid difficulties such as those that have been experienced.