By Rob Brooks-Bilson
ColdFusion has loved frequent use between builders as a robust, easy-to-learn platform for developing and deploying dynamic internet functions. ColdFusion's basic, tag-based language makes it effortless to deal with uncomplicated initiatives, like processing shape facts and querying databases, however the language is additionally strong adequate to bring hugely scalable, strong functions. And now that Macromedia has built-in ColdFusion into its MX kinfolk of applied sciences, ColdFusion is in a position to interacting with Flash MX functions, which opens up much more possibilities.
The first variation of this e-book has been praised as "the most sensible reference booklet to be had at the subject." This re-creation, Programming ColdFusion MX, second variation, is going even additional, documenting new innovations for utilizing ColdFusion MX 6.1 to strengthen and serve dynamic website content material. This exhaustive consultant covers every thing from the fundamentals to complex themes, with a number of examples so that you can use on your personal purposes. Contents include:
* Sharing program info utilizing the net program framework and shared scope variables
* gaining access to databases, holding database documents, and complex database concepts corresponding to drill-down queries, question caching, and question of queries
* Integrating purposes with ColdFusion MX's new defense framework
* Interacting with different info assets, together with LDAP directories, e mail servers, and different internet servers
* Extending ColdFusion with user-defined services (UDFs), customized tags, and ColdFusion elements (CFCs)
* complex issues akin to operating with XML, eating and generating internet companies, and integrating ColdFusion with Flash through Flash Remoting
* Reference fabric for the entire tags and capabilities that include CFML, the ColdFusion Markup Language
Programming ColdFusion MX, second variation, covers ColdFusion MX 6.1, the most recent liberate of ColdFusion, and is full of complicated suggestions, insider tricks, suggestions, and methods for developing potent net functions. when you are a ColdFusion developer, you wish this publication that can assist you take advantage of out of ColdFusion MX.
Read or Download Programming ColdFusion MX (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar programming books
The NetBeans Platform is the world's in basic terms modular Swing software framework, utilized by very huge organisations in mission-critical situations, comparable to at Boeing and Northrop Grumman, in addition to within the monetary zone and within the oil/gas undefined. For those huge shoppers in firms who're more and more drawn to Maven and OSGi, the e-book may have specific relevance.
The Definitive advisor to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is an intensive and authoritative creation to the open-source NetBeans Platform, overlaying all its significant APIs intimately, with proper code examples used all through.
• offers a totally up to date definitive advisor to the NetBeans Platform, utilizing the most recent APIs, coding styles, and methodologies.
• Focuses strongly on company gains in an program, considering that Oracle's consumers are fairly attracted to business-related points. for instance, the right way to use OSGi, tips to upload authentication/security, the best way to monetize from a modular program.
The unique German ebook on which this name relies used to be good acquired. The NetBeans Platform neighborhood has prepare this English translation, which covers the newest NetBeans Platform 7 APIs. With an advent via recognized NetBeans Platform specialists Jaroslav Tulach and Tim Boudreau, this can be the main up to date booklet in this subject in the interim.
All NetBeans Platform builders will achieve anything from this publication, simply because a number of subject matters within the publication haven't been documented wherever else.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> • the best way to start utilizing the NetBeans Platform without or with utilizing NetBeans IDE.
• tips to manage a modular software, utilizing both Ant or Maven as a construct approach.
• easy methods to get familiar with the entire NetBeans Platform's APIs.
• the right way to paintings with the visible Library as a really well known and strong widget library, overlaying all its positive factors intimately.
• the right way to version an program in OSGi/EMF and utilizing the version in an program at the NetBeans Platform.
• easy methods to distribute a modular program, targeting diversified recommendations for monetizing from its modular structure.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
The Definitive advisor to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is for giant companies who're no longer drawn to reinventing the wheel each time they bring about a brand new purposes, and open resource groups who usually reap the benefits of a modular structure, simply because a plugin approach (as supplied via the NetBeans Platform) simplifies how contributions will be made to a project.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> • advent
• constitution of the NetBeans Platform
• The NetBeans Module approach
• The OSGi Framework
• search for inspiration
• information and documents
• counsel and tips
• Menubar and Toolbar
• Window procedure
• Statusbar and Progressbar
• Nodes and Explorer
• Dialogs and Wizards
• visible Library
• assistance and methods
• support procedure
• Output Window
• ideas and Settings
• Palette API
• Tasklist API
• quickly seek API
• car replace companies API
• Java DB
• Java patience API
• MySQL and EclipseLink
• net providers
• Java Beans (JEE)
• RESTful internet companies
• Authentication and Multi-User Login
• Internalization and Localization
• Branding and Packaging
• replace of a NetBeans Platform software
• Maven and the NetBeans Platform
• Eclipse IDE and the NetBeans Platform
• From Eclipse to NetBeans
• IntelliJ proposal and the NetBeans Platform
• NetBeans Swing GUI Builder
• trying out NetBeans Platform functions
• Debugging with the NetBeans DIE
• MP3 supervisor
Remedy real-life programming issues of a fragment of the code that natural object-oriented programming calls for. Use Scala and Clojure to resolve in-depth issues of units of styles: object-oriented styles that turn into extra concise with practical programming, and natively practical styles.
Considering that 1995, whilst the SPIN workshop sequence used to be instigated, SPIN workshops were hung on an annual foundation in Montr´ eal (1995), New Brunswick (1996), Enschede (1997), Paris (1998), Trento (1999), Toulouse (1999), Stanford (2000), Toronto (2001), Grenoble (2002) and Portland (2003). All however the ? rst SPIN workshop have been equipped as satellite tv for pc occasions of bigger meetings, specifically of CAV (1996), TACAS (1997), FORTE/PSTV (1998), FLOC (1999), the area Congress on Formal equipment (1999), FMOODS (2000), ICSE (2001, 2003) and ETAPS (2002).
- iOS 5 Programming: Pushing the Limits: Advanced Application Development for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Functional Programming in Scala (draft version)
- Jump Start CoffeeScript
- Decoding HTML5
- Instant Pygame for Python Game Development How-to: Create Engaging and Fun Games with Pygame, Python's Game Development Library
Additional resources for Programming ColdFusion MX (2nd Edition)
The emulator is probably the most powerful target as you can modify almost every parameter from its configuration to simulate different conditions for your tests. Ultimately, your application should be able to handle all of these situations, so it is much better to discover the problems upfront than when the application has been delivered. [ 25 ] Getting Started with Testing The real devices are a requirement for performance tests, as it is somewhat difficult to extrapolate performance measurements from a simulated device.
For example, close a network connection. This method is called after a test is executed. In this case we are only invoking the super method. See Chapter 1, Getting Started with Testing for details. testSomething A simple test. In order to be discovered by JUnit 3 using reflection, test methods should start with the word test. The rest of the method name should clearly identify the feature under test. Test annotations Looking carefully at the test definition you may find that we decorated the test using @MediumTest annotation.
These inherited methods test for a variety of conditions and are overloaded to support different parameter types. They can be grouped together in different sets, depending on the condition checked; for example: • • • • • • • assertEquals • fail assertFalse assertNotNull assertNotSame assertNull assertSame assertTrue The condition tested is pretty obvious and easily identifiable by the method name. Perhaps the ones that deserve some attention are assertEquals() and assertSame(). The former when used on objects asserts that both objects passed as parameters are equal, calling the objects' equals() method.