By Michael Trent; Drew McCormack
Read Online or Download Beginning Mac OS X programming : Description based on print version record. - "Programmer to programmer"--Cover PDF
Best programming books
The NetBeans Platform is the world's purely modular Swing program framework, utilized by very huge agencies in mission-critical eventualities, reminiscent of at Boeing and Northrop Grumman, in addition to within the monetary quarter and within the oil/gas undefined. For those huge clients in firms who're more and more attracted to Maven and OSGi, the booklet may have specific relevance.
The Definitive advisor to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is an intensive and authoritative advent to the open-source NetBeans Platform, masking all its significant APIs intimately, with correct code examples used all through.
• offers a very up to date definitive consultant to the NetBeans Platform, utilizing the newest APIs, coding styles, and methodologies.
• Focuses strongly on company good points in an program, when you consider that Oracle's buyers are rather attracted to business-related features. for instance, the best way to use OSGi, how you can upload authentication/security, how you can monetize from a modular software.
The unique German publication on which this name is predicated used to be good obtained. The NetBeans Platform neighborhood has prepare this English translation, which covers the newest NetBeans Platform 7 APIs. With an creation by way of recognized NetBeans Platform specialists Jaroslav Tulach and Tim Boudreau, this can be the main updated ebook in this subject in the interim.
All NetBeans Platform builders will achieve anything from this publication, simply because a number of subject matters within the e-book haven't been documented wherever else.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> • the way to start utilizing the NetBeans Platform without or with utilizing NetBeans IDE.
• the best way to manage a modular software, utilizing both Ant or Maven as a construct process.
• the way to get accustomed to all of the NetBeans Platform's APIs.
• find out how to paintings with the visible Library as a really well known and robust widget library, protecting all its good points intimately.
• how you can version an program in OSGi/EMF and utilizing the version in an program at the NetBeans Platform.
• tips on how to distribute a modular software, concentrating on varied concepts for monetizing from its modular structure.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
The Definitive advisor to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is for big agencies who're no longer drawn to reinventing the wheel at any time when they convey a brand new purposes, and open resource groups who generally take advantage of a modular structure, simply because a plugin approach (as supplied by means of the NetBeans Platform) simplifies how contributions may be made to a project.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> • creation
• constitution of the NetBeans Platform
• The NetBeans Module approach
• The OSGi Framework
• look up proposal
• info and records
• tips and methods
• Menubar and Toolbar
• Window approach
• Statusbar and Progressbar
• Nodes and Explorer
• Dialogs and Wizards
• visible Library
• information and tips
• support approach
• Output Window
• thoughts and Settings
• Palette API
• Tasklist API
• quickly seek API
• automobile replace providers API
• Java DB
• Java endurance API
• MySQL and EclipseLink
• net providers
• Java Beans (JEE)
• RESTful internet providers
• Authentication and Multi-User Login
• Internalization and Localization
• Branding and Packaging
• replace of a NetBeans Platform program
• Maven and the NetBeans Platform
• Eclipse IDE and the NetBeans Platform
• From Eclipse to NetBeans
• IntelliJ suggestion and the NetBeans Platform
• NetBeans Swing GUI Builder
• checking out NetBeans Platform functions
• Debugging with the NetBeans DIE
• MP3 supervisor
Resolve real-life programming issues of a fragment of the code that natural object-oriented programming calls for. Use Scala and Clojure to resolve in-depth issues of units of styles: object-oriented styles that turn into extra concise with practical programming, and natively useful styles.
For the reason that 1995, while the SPIN workshop sequence used to be instigated, SPIN workshops were hung on an annual foundation in Montr´ eal (1995), New Brunswick (1996), Enschede (1997), Paris (1998), Trento (1999), Toulouse (1999), Stanford (2000), Toronto (2001), Grenoble (2002) and Portland (2003). All however the ? rst SPIN workshop have been geared up as satellite tv for pc occasions of bigger meetings, particularly of CAV (1996), TACAS (1997), FORTE/PSTV (1998), FLOC (1999), the realm Congress on Formal tools (1999), FMOODS (2000), ICSE (2001, 2003) and ETAPS (2002).
- Game Engine Architecture (2nd Edition)
- Writing Solid Code: Microsoft's Techniques for Developing Bug-Free C Programs
- Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-on Guide to Building iPad Apps with iOS 5
- The Inventor Mentor: Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor, Release 2 (OTL)
- Programming in Prolog: Using the ISO Standard
Additional info for Beginning Mac OS X programming : Description based on print version record. - "Programmer to programmer"--Cover
The application opens an untitled document window. 4. Add the pictures in the Images folder to Slide Master by choosing Slide Show ➪ Add Slide. You can select all the files at once from the open panel. The images appear in a drawer to the side of the document window and the main window displays the selected image, as shown in Figure 1-2. You can use the arrow keys to change the selection. Figure 1-2 5. Export a slide show as a QuickTime movie by choosing File ➪ Export. Slide Master writes out a QuickTime movie and opens it with QuickTime Player.
The net result of this tight integration is very fast drawing. Performance combined with its cross-platform nature makes OpenGL uniquely suited for certain kinds of situations, including scientific research, professional video editing, and games. If you have played a 3D video game on Mac OS X, you’ve seen OpenGL in action. For that matter, if you have used one of Mac OS X’s built-in screen saver modules, you’ve seen OpenGL. framework), and a basic crossplatform Application Framework called GLUT resides at /System/Library/Frameworks /GLUT.
If you autorelease a very large number of objects at the same time, you cause your program’s total memory allocation to run up very high and then drop down all at once. This usage pattern can cause Mac OS X’s memory management system to work harder to keep your program running. As with MallocDebug, don’t panic if you’re not quite sure what to make of reference counting or memory management in general. You learn more about this in Chapter 7. Quartz Debug Quartz Debug is a simple utility that allows you to examine the way in which your program draws to the screen.