By Adam J.
Probably the most strong elements of the Rails framework is the power to increase and override it inside your personal purposes. this is often accomplished during the Rails plugin mechanism, which gives an road for Rails builders so as to add robust new positive factors to their purposes and proportion this performance with the global community.This brief reduce introduces Rails plugins and considers each one point in their habit and improvement. you will study what plugins are, how they paintings, and why they are precious. detect how to define and set up plugins utilizing the supplied script, then discover the realm of plugin improvement, together with universal plugin idioms, trying out, and model keep watch over. ultimately, the right way to proportion your individual plugins.
Read Online or Download Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series Rails Plugins: Extending Rails Beyond the Core PDF
Best programming books
The NetBeans Platform is the world's simply modular Swing program framework, utilized by very huge enterprises in mission-critical eventualities, akin to at Boeing and Northrop Grumman, in addition to within the monetary region and within the oil/gas undefined. For those huge clients in organizations who're more and more drawn to Maven and OSGi, the publication may have specific relevance.
The Definitive advisor to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is a radical and authoritative advent to the open-source NetBeans Platform, overlaying all its significant APIs intimately, with proper code examples used all through.
• presents a very up to date definitive consultant to the NetBeans Platform, utilizing the most recent APIs, coding styles, and methodologies.
• Focuses strongly on company gains in an program, on account that Oracle's clients are quite drawn to business-related facets. for instance, find out how to use OSGi, easy methods to upload authentication/security, the right way to monetize from a modular software.
The unique German ebook on which this identify is predicated was once good got. The NetBeans Platform group has prepare this English translation, which covers the newest NetBeans Platform 7 APIs. With an creation by means of recognized NetBeans Platform specialists Jaroslav Tulach and Tim Boudreau, this is often the main up to date e-book in this subject in the meanwhile.
All NetBeans Platform builders will achieve whatever from this booklet, simply because numerous issues within the e-book haven't been documented at any place else.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> • easy methods to start utilizing the NetBeans Platform without or with utilizing NetBeans IDE.
• how you can arrange a modular software, utilizing both Ant or Maven as a construct process.
• the way to get familiar with the entire NetBeans Platform's APIs.
• the way to paintings with the visible Library as a really well known and robust widget library, masking all its positive aspects intimately.
• the right way to version an program in OSGi/EMF and utilizing the version in an software at the NetBeans Platform.
• the right way to distribute a modular software, concentrating on diverse suggestions for monetizing from its modular structure.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
The Definitive consultant to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is for giant businesses who're now not attracted to reinventing the wheel at any time when they bring about a brand new purposes, and open resource groups who usually make the most of a modular structure, simply because a plugin method (as supplied by means of the NetBeans Platform) simplifies how contributions might be made to a project.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> • advent
• constitution of the NetBeans Platform
• The NetBeans Module approach
• The OSGi Framework
• search for thought
• facts and documents
• information and tips
• Menubar and Toolbar
• Window procedure
• Statusbar and Progressbar
• Nodes and Explorer
• Dialogs and Wizards
• visible Library
• suggestions and methods
• aid method
• Output Window
• innovations and Settings
• Palette API
• Tasklist API
• speedy seek API
• automobile replace prone API
• Java DB
• Java endurance API
• MySQL and EclipseLink
• internet companies
• Java Beans (JEE)
• RESTful internet prone
• Authentication and Multi-User Login
• Internalization and Localization
• Branding and Packaging
• replace of a NetBeans Platform software
• Maven and the NetBeans Platform
• Eclipse IDE and the NetBeans Platform
• From Eclipse to NetBeans
• IntelliJ notion and the NetBeans Platform
• NetBeans Swing GUI Builder
• checking out NetBeans Platform purposes
• Debugging with the NetBeans DIE
• MP3 supervisor
Remedy real-life programming issues of a fragment of the code that natural object-oriented programming calls for. Use Scala and Clojure to resolve in-depth issues of units of styles: object-oriented styles that turn into extra concise with useful programming, and natively useful styles.
Due to the fact that 1995, while the SPIN workshop sequence used to be instigated, SPIN workshops were hung on an annual foundation in Montr´ eal (1995), New Brunswick (1996), Enschede (1997), Paris (1998), Trento (1999), Toulouse (1999), Stanford (2000), Toronto (2001), Grenoble (2002) and Portland (2003). All however the ? rst SPIN workshop have been prepared as satellite tv for pc occasions of bigger meetings, specifically of CAV (1996), TACAS (1997), FORTE/PSTV (1998), FLOC (1999), the realm Congress on Formal equipment (1999), FMOODS (2000), ICSE (2001, 2003) and ETAPS (2002).
- Ruby Phrasebook (Developer's Library)
- Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age
- Programming and Customizing the VAR Microcontroller
- Programming Interactivity: A Designer's Guide to Processing, Arduino, and Openframeworks
- Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Extra info for Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series Rails Plugins: Extending Rails Beyond the Core
See the section "Loading the Rails Test Environment" for details. Customized Testing Tasks The second notable difference when testing via a plugin's own Rakefile is the opportunity to customize the test task itself. 2 for an example).
Almost every Rails developer will need a generator at some pointto create scaffolds, models, controllers, or indeed plugins themselves, as you have done already several times. 53 54 Generators were the primary mechanism for sharing code before plugins were available in Rails, and they have to some extent been superceded by the newer, more flexible plugin system. However, generators can still prove useful when you need to create files in the application that users should then edit or modify to suit their applications.
However, generators can still prove useful when you need to create files in the application that users should then edit or modify to suit their applications. 1). Any number of generators can be placed in this directory. For instance, you may wish to add a "terms" generator to your CopyrightHelper plugin (see Section 4) that allows users to create a boilerplate "Terms and Conditions" document, along with a privacy statement, in their public directory. 1. 3 shows a very simple generator, which simply reads two template files from the templates subdirectory, processes them with ERB (just like normal Rails' views), and then writes them into the application's public folder as normal HTML files.