By Dragana Avramov, Miroslava Maskova
Read or Download Active Ageing in Europe Volume 1 (Population Studies) (Vol 41) PDF
Best europe books
This new ebook argues that towns and voters should not helpless sufferers in an international circulation of occasions. 3 the most important questions are addressed in the course of the 3 half constitution: what's the nature of the globalization? What ensuing demanding situations now confront towns and localities? How can neighborhood leaders reply to this altering surroundings in methods which develop neighborhood democracy?
The nice conflict had began within the Balkans, the just about inevitable results of many years of intrigue, assassination and fratricidal clash between a bunch of particularly minor nationalistic teams. In 4 years of seesaw strive against, a number of neighborhood international locations have been recruited via the warring alliances; 3 have been thoroughly overrun.
- The Origins of the Slavic Nations: Premodern Identities in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus
- Constantine and the Conversion of Europe
- Post-Roman Towns, Trade and Settlement in Europe and Byzantium: Byzantium, Pliska, and the Balkans
- The Oxford History of Modern Europe
Additional info for Active Ageing in Europe Volume 1 (Population Studies) (Vol 41)
The ratio for these varies between 60 and 70. Also for Austria and Germany the ratio is only 70/100 in spite of the fact that their mortality level and male excess mortality are comparable with other western countries for which the ratio is higher. To a great extent this is a result of an elevated mortality of men in World War II that currently affects the higher ages of this age group. This factor acts in former Soviet countries too. 12. 9 Source: Council of Europe, 2001. UN estimate for 1995-2000 in: United Nations, 2001a.
7. 6. 6. – Proportion of the population aged 50 and over in the total population, by age groups, Europe, 2000-2050 25 20 15 % 10 5 0 2000 2015 50-64 2030 65-79 2050 80+ Source: own calculations based on data from: Council of Europe, 2001; United Nations, 2001b. 6. The maximal increases of each age group are connected with the gradual shift of post-war cohorts from a younger age group to an older one. Thus, the largest one for the pre-retirement population will take place between 2000 and 2015, for the younger old between 2015 and 2030 and for the oldest old in 2030-2050.
3. Total dependency The total dependency ratio (0-14 plus 65+ per 100 persons in the 15-64 year age group) provides a rough indication of overall burden on the potentially active population. It is not only the level of total dependency but also the age structure of dependency that is necessary for policymakers to take into account in their considerations.